Below is my favorite brownie recipe. If you don't feel like making them, I can bake them for you here.
7 tbsp melted butter (creamy butter is best)
½ cup granulated sugar
6 tbsp light brown sugar
2 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
6 tbsp flour
4 tbsp dutch-processed cocoa powder (regular is ok too)
1/2 cup dark choc chips
1. Heat oven to 350*F
2. Mix butter and sugars together
3. Mix in egg and then vanilla
4. Mix in all dry ingredients together
5. Double line an 8x8 cake pan with parchment paper
6. Butter the bottom and sides of parchment
7. Add brownie mix
8. Bake for about 30 minutes on middle rack
9. When cooked, remove brownies from pan
10. Lubricate a smooth knife with oil
11 Create 4 equal slices down and 4 equal slices across
12. Top with course sea salt
Using dutch-processed from Ghirardelli is best. It's found at Walmart or Target for $5. Make sure the bag is purple and not brown. The brown bag is slightly different but can work if you can't find the purple.
Using a creamy or spreadable butter is best. I found this brand from Aldi's. If you don't have that you can use 6 tbsp of regular butter + 2 tbsp of heavy cream/milk in place of the butter.
The double lining of the parchment paper helps make them moist and chewy. If you don't have parchment that's ok but its worth going out to buy some just for this recipe.
The recipe can be doubled or tripled or quadrupled but this small batch portion is best.
Cutting mini squares is ESSENTIAL to the flavor.
That is all, enjoy!